Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
This management position requires a highly experienced professional Program Manager with a proven track record of excellence and managerial achievement. The candidate will have a background in automotive signals, comprising the information transmitted on automotive data buses and other transmission methods, be an accomplished team leader and manager, with a strong organizational capability and ability to command respect from the talented teams he or she will help lead and collaborate.
The candidate requires to proactively communicate with teams to set clear expectations on the deliverables and timings at the team level as well as individual level. The candidate is expected to proactively identify critical issues and bring them to the attention of the senior management with gauged advance notice to crises.
- Lead and manage to an excellent standard through hands-on example
- Create and play a leading role in the execution of an overall timing plan for our automotive signal definition, inventorying, prioritization, and offload strategies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally between producers, processors and consumers of data: in-vehicle devices (Lucid-developed and 3rd party), telemetry, Lucid backend, streaming service providers, etc.
- Efficiently drive the closure of signal completeness, routing optimization, end to end protection, offloading (delivery from vehicle to backend), while ensuring signal integrity and confidentiality.
- Identify and track key signal metadata: signal priority, frequency, data expiration.
- Successfully negotiate the data budgets with relevant stakeholders while balancing the overall capacity needs and cost constraints.
- Participate in the data transmission strategy development/evolution in the context of offload capacity, emerging needs, technologies and service provider options.
- Play an effective supporting role to help broader internal teams in negotiations with cellular providers and other offload 3rd parties.
- Support the analysis of offload approaches using alternative methods (e.g. home WiFi).
- Proactively define and communicate dependencies and potential risks with the stakeholders and management.
- Clearly communicate program status to overall organization, other program managers and executives as required.
- Collaborate with the resource managers and technical leads to define the level of effort, resource requirements and summary timing plans.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in software program/project management
- A minimum of 8 years experience in embedded systems/electronics development, data networking and/or cellular systems.
- A proven track record of delivering products on time and within budgets
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodologies including sprint planning and execution
- Experience bringing relevant products from the early development phase to production
- Embedded system development experience
- Experience with best software practices for development
- Experience engaging, working and managing the output of third-party suppliers
- Experience in developing automotive (in-vehicle) data systems
- Program management experience in data engineering programs
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline (computer science, electrical engineering, or similar)
- Masters in engineering preferred
- PMP certification preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.