Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is seeking a highly qualified corporate counsel with experience representing companies on a variety of matters for our Expansion in EMEA. Reporting to the VP of Legal, this attorney will assist with and/or manage a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional legal work, provide litigation and IP related support, general corporate governance support, and collaborate with members of the executive team on various strategic initiatives.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Provide legal advice to executives on a variety of legal topics impacting the company
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a wide range of commercial agreements in support of various company department, including confidentiality agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, consulting agreements, master service agreements, manufacturing agreements, and licensing agreements
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with discovery and litigation holds
- Provide IP related advice, including supporting patent prosecution
- Provide advice and counsel to business teams on creative solutions to complex problems
- Respond promptly to internal department requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the company’s business objectives
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Oversees the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counselCommunicate and negotiate with external parties creating relations of trust
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Assist with the development of policies and training employees as necessary
- Leads and manages the company’s internal legal function and staff
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 10+ years’ experience in legal practice, both with a larger law firm and in-house experience in EMEA
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure
- Ability to form strong working relationship with stakeholders and partners while maintaining firm adherence to legal standards
- Experience in tangible goods and manufacturing company (automotive, consumer electronics, medical devices, etc.)
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Experience with start-ups, ability to work both independently and cooperatively
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures, as well as industry trends and new laws that will impact the company
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and interest in working on an array of legal matters in order to understand and advise the company on legal implications of its business strategy
- Law degree from a nationally recognized law school
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.