Voltus is looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us transform a diverse network of distributed energy resources into reliable powerplants. The thought of building out integrations with different components of the North American electric grid is exciting. You know how to write a beautiful API—and you know how to shim an ugly one. Anyone can integrate to a webhook, but it takes a pro to ingest data over SCADA. Like all of your Voltus teammates, you are bright, gritty, and good.
- Develop the application and API layers for customer-facing and internal tools to process our ever-growing pile of electricity demand data and market intelligence
- Build creative shims to legacy systems—everyone loves a clean API, but not everyone can scrape an ActiveX application from 1997
- Process, clean, validate, and present data from sensor to customer dashboard in real-time (no sweat!)
- How can we make a few dozen generators, spread over a few hundred square miles and connected by cell modem, behave like a single powerplant with a ten-minute start time? Help solve this and other crazy highly reliable infrastructure problems.
Technologies we use:
- Postgres, Redis, S3, Kafka, InfluxDB
- AWS, Docker
- React, Flask, Scrapy
- Pandas, NumPy