Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The SEC Reporting Manager will oversee the preparation and analysis of Lucid’s external financial reporting in compliance with applicable regulations (i.e. SEC rules & regulations, GAAP, etc.). This position will also oversee Lucid’s global consolidation as well as supervise one or more individuals and coordinate the review of SEC filings with our external auditors. Finally, the position will also support investor relations efforts in compliance with distribution of financial information to key shareholders.
Essential Job Functions
- Establish timelines and processes that ensure the accurate and timely preparation, review and filing of SEC reporting. Supervise the tie-out of the document to supporting schedules and ensure the high quality of the document in advance of associated deadlines.
- Lead research and tracking of industry disclosures, news, and best practices for all external reporting.
- Establish active and effective communication with senior members of Finance and with executive staff regarding strategic initiatives at Lucid; ensure that SEC filings reflect those strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate Lucid’s response to SEC Comment Letters.
- Manage the external auditor’s review of the SEC filings and coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits of financial statements.
- Anticipate new ASC and SEC disclosure requirements and update disclosures accordingly.
- Supervise staff within the External Financial Reporting group.
- Assist Investor Relations team as needed with investor engagement activities, including preparation materials for key investor quarterly reporting.
Education, Skills, Abilities, And Experience Required
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 6+ years’ experience with majority in finance and accounting, Big 4 experience preferred. 2+ years’ experience with SEC reporting highly desired. Technical accounting knowledge and research experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to explain complex issues to non-subject-matter experts. Ability to effectively lead meetings and discussions with all levels of employees and third parties in attendance.
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, team orientation, strong presentation skills and strong systems skills and knowledge. Ability to collaborate with senior management, auditors, business operations, legal counsel, etc.
- Experience in supervisory role and desire to coach and mentor staff
- Proficient in Excel and MS Word. Experience with SAP beneficial. Additionally, hands-on experience with Workiva and/or other well-known reporting package is required. Hands-on understanding of XBRL/EDGAR filing requirements.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.