Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is looking for a highly motivated Team Member - Metrologist which will report to the Lucid Manufacturing Quality group in Incoming Quality. He/she is responsible for overseeing and providing support for inspection, supporting supplier corrective actions, confirmation of countermeasures / clean points, and first article inspections for all parts. Work will require participation in cross-functional teams and some supplier interactions. This is a very hands-on individual with the ability to read mechanical detailed drawings, understand specifications for parts and performance characteristics (GD&T).
- Consistently works on quality dimensional assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Capable of working with suppliers and analyzing their inspection methods for standardization.
- Carryout or lead dimensional assignments using problem solving methodology.
- Capability of recommending type of measurement tools needed. Interface with tool vendor/supplier on any given basis.
- Able to lead all activities during the shift without any type of supervision.
- Possess the ability to present to management by providing clear and concise information.
- Able to interact with other departments to accomplish metrology assigned tasks.
- Lead inspection/containment activities related to dimensional issues working closely and leading Team Members and/or 3rd parties sorting companies.
- Analyze/Provide data of the outputs and create reports to assist in quality improvement activities.
- Set up and control calibration activities of the department measuring equipment.
- Conduct deep analysis and have clear understanding of how all parts interact for potential overall stack issues.
- Perform daily reporting on inspection findings and report to IQE.
- Conduct drawing reviews of supplier parts with internal teams to explain dimensional data.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 3+ years of equivalent experience required.
- Automotive/Manufacturing/Quality experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and usage of measurement system and metrology equipment.
- Interpret GD&T to give proper feedback to Internal teams and Suppliers.
- Strong ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
- Ability to spot problems and errors and resolve issues with the appropriate department.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing and standard software (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel and Power point).
- Detail oriented with strong record keeping and organizational skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.