Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a competent Senior Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Engineer for our Connectivity, Security, and Data Engineering team. This position requires a qualified professional with extensive experience in planning, executing, and documenting the FMEA process for the connected car embedded designs. Our embedded designs and solutions span communication interfaces, hardware, and software elements. The embedded designs interact with cloud-based services.
- Plan and execute end-end FMEA involving System Analysis, Failure Analysis & Risk Mitigation, and Risk Analysis, starting with Telematics & Vehicle Communications Gateway designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including system engineering/architecture, design engineering, QA, and verification teams.
- As part of the System Analysis plan, prepare and conduct structural and functional analysis.
- Ensure to cover all the requirements and each requirement cover under failure modes.
- Drive Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis, and come up with actionable and definitive optimization recommendations to bring down the risk exposure to acceptable levels.
- Capture and document the relevant decisions along the process and contribute to the FMEA knowledge base for the organization.
- Be process practical and balance the effort on the process and the value of the outcomes.
- Capable of approaching challenges/problems both laterally across the systems and domains, and vertically drilling down to subsystems and elements involved, and reconciling gaps and contradictions.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and relevant evidence of success.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Design FMEA, preferably in the Connected Car functional area. Hands-on familiarity with formal FMEA methodologies such as AIAG & VDA FMEA process
- Successful track record in automotive, mil-aero and other industries with safety/security/reliability-critical requirements
- Effective Communications & Interpersonal skills – capability to listen, willingness to learn, and synthesize diverse view points towards optimal solution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software and hardware product development and /or verification and QA of communication gateways
- Proven record of working with communication protocols, including Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11), GNSS, LTE, Bluetooth Low Energy, and NFC, at the device driver level and upper-layer protocols, either in development, verification, or QA capacities
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and Linux operating system - BSP, packet drivers, middleware stacks – TCP/IP, IPtables, IPSec VPN, and PKI standards
- Demonstrated Experience in cross-functional collaboration with extended teams
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Atlassian tools such as Confluence, Jira and Requirements and Test case management using Jama tool
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required; a Masters is preferable.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.