Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Body Dimensional Engineer.
This position requires an experienced professional who excels at 3DCS DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in body tolerance stacks studies using 3DCS
- Should able to do RSS 1D stacks for quick analysis during the design phase.
- Recommend best gauging methods and perform data analysis to identify special and common cause problems
- Assist in the development and rollout of training to Design engineers whenever required.
- Support plants in determining the root cause of dimensional issues
- Working with cross-functional teams to recommend and evaluate corrective action
- Develop, validate and incorporate total vehicle Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements
- Supporting design and production of all assembly fixtures used in the body shop and general assembly with manufacturing team whenever required
- Assist manufacturing with the assembly line and total vehicle production by providing relative dimensional input, direction, and support
- Track and report on all program dimensional specification (DTS) requirements and progress towards 100% compliance
- Define preliminary dimensional control plan including datum’s, drawing requirements, and measurement point routine for KPC part quality definition
- Resolve dimensional specifications not meeting established targets to meet 100% compliance
- Read and interpret CMM reports for part quality.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 3DCS tolerance stack software, with an understanding of user dll moves and tolerances.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in dimensional engineering with automotive body structure
- Background in Dimensional Engineering
- Require hands-on experience in Catia V5/V6.
- Understanding of GD&T, Inspection Methods, Measurement Systems
- Understanding of Statistical Process Capability, Root Cause Analysis, and Problem Solving Techniques
- PPAP & APQP experience is beneficial
- Data loop/polyworks inspector knowledge/experience is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of product design, vehicle assembly, and manufacturing methods
- Stronghold on ASME Y14.M 2009, certified SME GDTP preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.