Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid is looking for an experienced attorney to join our legal team and support vehicle regulatory compliance, including counseling, oversight and reporting under state and federal rules and regulations.
- Advise Lucid engineers, technical staff, government relations staff, and management on laws and regulations applicable to battery electric vehicles, including FMVSS, NHTSA regulations, NCAP, other state and federal requirements, and equivalent EU and international regulations
- Prepare, review, and submit regulatory filings and related documents, including TREAD Act and other reports
- Monitor and review proposed laws and regulations, and assist with Lucid’s comments and lobbying efforts
- Represent Lucid before federal and state authorities, agencies, administrative tribunals, and courts in regulatory matters
- Counsel Lucid stakeholders on products liability and complex litigation risks
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal and strategic agreements
- Assist the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures, and training for vehicle regulatory compliance and continuous improvement
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems and identify legal requirements and best practices
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Minimum of 8 years of substantive legal experience as regulatory compliance counsel to an automotive manufacturer in a corporate legal department, government agency, or reputable law firm
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA-accredited institution
- Eligible to practice law in California
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.