Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Vehicle Systems Test Engineer. This position requires a talented engineer with passion for and experience with electric vehicles in a practical, multidisciplinary environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Execute vehicle level dynamic test activities per test plans developed in collaboration with key internal stakeholders and external resources
- Collaborate with simulation and functional teams to validate performance of components, of subsystems, as well as of the complete vehicle
- Be responsible to instrument vehicles with the necessary sensors to collect data for efficiency and performance while receiving assistance from the software and hardware teams
- Be responsible for retrieving, storing and sharing of logged data from tests with different teams
- Schedule test tracks and internal and external dynamometers and prioritize use of resources to meet tight, changing deadlines
- Work with the homologation team to understand the requirements of the tests used in official test procedures
- Run vehicle test procedures using dynamometer and maintain data for analysis
- Participate in design reviews, provide input and engineering analysis to development teams
- Conduct benchmarking with competitive vehicles
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative and innovative environment, including directly cooperating with powertrain teams, physical test and software teams
- Hands-on knowledge of range testing procedures, of coast-down testing as well as of dynamometer testing.
- A proven track record of technical excellence in vehicle testing and controls.
- Experience in battery powered electric vehicles and powertrains.
- A capability to define appropriate targets using a range of strategies.
- Experience in debugging and resolving hardware and software issues.
- Working knowledge of vehicle communication network systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Understanding of measurement equipment maintenance and calibration, upgrades and improvements (mechanical, electrical or software-based) required to optimize efficiency and performance.
- Ability to instrument a vehicle and operate data acquisition systems such as CANalyzer or SoMAT eDAQ for data collection.
- Ability to interpret regulations and test procedures in collaboration with homologation team.
- Experience with Dynamometer related hardware and software from companies such as AVL, Horiba, DSD is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team.
- BS in a mechanical engineering discipline.
- BS (and preferably MS or PhD) in an engineering discipline.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Additional fields of experience (thermal, electrical, structural statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience of electric vehicle drive units.
- Experience in lithium-ion battery.
- Experience with vehicle controls and power electronics.
- Experience of optimization methods and software.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Some knowledge of scripting for simulation process automation.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.