Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Engineer - Returnable Packaging Systems. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day chaos that comes from managing the logistical needs of a large scale construction while also developing and implementing all logistics processes required to have a successful new product launch. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Collect data and identify opportunities to streamline, improve and increase standardization.
- Facilitate cross-team changes and interactions, communicating goals.
- Evaluate workflow and supply processes to improve safety and efficiency.
- Provide calculations for returnable container fleet sizes.
- Calculate floor-space and determine most efficient flow for CMC process.
- Analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve design challenges
- Conceive, design, test, and develop innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives
- Evaluate and explore new and existing processes, equipment, and materials as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards
- Foster Lucid Motors reputation by delivering innovative solutions while upholding company, federal, and state regulations
- Utilize principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to streamline processes
- Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in production
- Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and root cause analysis to formulate/support innovation, corrective actions, and continuous improvement activities
- Develop and design robust manufacturing concepts to simplify/improve manufacturing processes to ensure best practices.
- Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, including process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work and cycle time analysis.
- Manage and conduct employee training for productivity improvement projects, and mentor fellow engineers and technicians
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (IE, PE or ME)
- 7+ years related engineering experience
- In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- 2-5 years hands-on experience in a warehouse and/or logistics operation.
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing
- Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads.
- Experience using MS suite, including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with and influence all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-based and cross functional environment.
- Ability to manage, plan, organize, assign, schedule, and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects as directed, to achieve company objectives.
- Must be analytical and process oriented, with the ability to utilize data for strategic improvement.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Work generally performed in a warehouse, or office environment.
- Requires some movement and transportation of supplies and materials up to 80 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, intellectual challenge, and language barriers.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids (such as safety equipment) that are representative and commonly associated with warehouse work.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 25 to 50% of work time, including periods of prolonged use.
- High hand/finger dexterity with fine motor coordination skills performing work within a physically mobile environment.
- High numeric and character detail distinction and moderately high visual acuity for the preparation of documents and information.
- Occasionally works additional hours and or weekends beyond normal schedule.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.