Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are currently seeking a Drive Unit Test Technical Specialist to support testing & development of the traction motors, gearbox and powered electronics. This position requires an experienced professional with extensive history of complex equipment design. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Will serve as the Technical Specialist for electric drive train test equipment including motor & transmission dynamometers
- Serve as Equipment Team Lead in growing organization
- Define architecture and design direction for new, modified or purchased test equipment
- Perform detail design of test systems
- Cross-functional expertise in mechanical, electrical, automation, etc used in semi-automated systems
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in automotive electrical distribution (cables, bus bars, high voltage distribution box, etc)
- CATIA 3DX
- High speed rotating machinery
- Production equipment
- Machine frames
- Gears, bearings, shafts
- Actuators, fluid systems, servos, electro-mechanical
- Machinery design
- PLCs, microcontrollers
- National Instruments devices
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.