Aclima has pioneered an entirely new way to measure and analyze air pollution and greenhouse gases, block by block and around the world. The Aclima hardware and software technology platform translates billions of scientific measurements from its network of stationary and roving sensors into environmental intelligence for governments, businesses, and communities. A Public Benefit Corporation, Aclima is dedicated to catalyzing bold action to protect public health, reduce climate-changing emissions and advance equity. The company holds a broad patent portfolio for networked, indoor, wearable, and mobile air quality sensing technologies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and New York City.
This year Aclima was named one of Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a Fast Company World Changing Idea.
To learn more about Aclima, please visit aclima.io
.About the Role
As Fleet Manager, you will lead our mobile data collection operations, the foundation of our data products. You will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of our current fleet, as well as expansions into new geographies. As we grow to new levels of scale, you will guide the team through transitions to new processes and tools. We work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment. Expect to work closely with People Operations, Legal, Sales and Business Development, Hardware, Data Science, Software, and Product.
- Manage and lead the operations and growth of our mobile data collection fleet (vehicles and staff) to meet data collection requirements
- Hire, train, and mentor/grow operations teams to ensure excellence at every level of execution
- Creatively resolve pain points to achieve greater operational efficiency and reduce friction, especially as we grow to new scales of operation
- 5+ years of operations management and people management experience
- Prior successful management of complex, cross-functional projects, including personnel and materials/hardware, across wide regions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to give clear, actionable instructions and synthesize multiple streams of information
- Embodies a growth-mindset and has strong interpersonal skills
- Functional understanding of IoT, full-stack development, etc. in order to collaborate with technical teams (Data Science, Software, UX, etc) on internal tool development
- You have managed a mapping fleet (Telecom, Autonomous Vehicles, etc.)
Please know that you can be a great candidate even if you don’t exactly match what we have described above. You might also possess important skills and experience we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter).Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment
. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered. Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.