Aclima has pioneered an entirely new way to measure and analyze air pollution and greenhouse gases, block by block and around the world. The Aclima hardware and software technology platform translates billions of scientific measurements from its network of stationary and roving sensors into environmental intelligence for governments, businesses, and communities. A Public Benefit Corporation, Aclima is dedicated to catalyzing bold action to protect public health, reduce climate-changing emissions and advance equity. The company holds a broad patent portfolio for networked, indoor, wearable, and mobile air quality sensing technologies. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and New York City.
Aclima has been named one of Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and a Fast Company World Changing Idea.
To learn more about Aclima, please visit aclima.io
We help people understand and act upon air pollution and greenhouse gas data in useful and delightful ways. Seeking a passionate UI / Front End Developer
to create elegant online tools that simplify problems, automate tasks, help people with their work, and empower our customers to reduce emissions, protect public health and build more resilient communities. You’ll be taking your love for design combined with logical problem solving to develop fluid and natural web experiences.
We work in a focused, purpose-driven atmosphere which requires rapid iteration, constant learning, forward-leaning ideas, and collaborative empathy. Aclima is unique in its breadth of multi-disciplinary work; expect to collaborate with climate scientists, electrical engineers, sensor technicians, data scientists, product managers, and more on a regular basis.
If this sounds exciting, please apply to join our team! We would love to talk :)
- Use modern web technologies including TypeScript, React, Redux, D3, and Mapbox
- Write beautiful, reusable, and maintainable interactive components
- Build interactive maps, charts, graphs and more to visualize complex data
- Write state management and API integration code that organizes data and UI state
- Ensure correctness by writing unit tests and being involved in QA and deployments
- Collaborate effectively with design, product, data science, and software platform
- Measure and improve performance of rendering and interaction within applications
- Balance time between quickly prototyping ideas and releasing stable production code
- Effectively communicate through code reviews and pairing sessions
- Be actively involved in team process and finding the best ways to work together
- Familiarity with how to handle large data sets. This includes knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and tools
- Passionate about code quality and knows how to enforce it
- Ability to constantly empathize with the user
- Experience turning low-fidelity designs into elegant user interfaces
- Constant desire to learn
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience developing web-based GIS tools
- Broad programming experience with different teams (open source, small, large), environments (web, desktop, server, mobile), and paradigms (object-oriented, functional, declarative, type-driven, test-driven, etc)
- Graphics (OpenGL, WebGL, DirectX) experience
- Experience working as a team lead
- Experience working with and on multi-disciplinary teams
- Independent work in open source, blog posts, etc
- B.S. in Computer Science or another technical degree
Please know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't have everything we've described above. You might also possess important skills and experience we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter).A Note About Diversity & Inclusion at Aclima
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment
. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered. Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.