Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.About You:
Our frontend web experiences are a key part of our business, and we’re looking for engineers that have deep expertise in building world-class web apps and care deeply about UI/UX. If you are excited about combining your extensive understanding of browser platforms with the speed of developing a React app, we'd love to hear from you!
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
- Building delightful features that make it easier to run a small trucking business (truck driver is the most popular job in America!)
- Creating rich experiences for our shippers (Fortune 500 companies to small local businesses) that bring unparalleled innovation to their supply chains
- Developing a web platform to enable engineers to easily and quickly build client-side code
- Inventing best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with business teams inside the company
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of building responsive, elegant web apps, including via React
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviors
- Demonstrated end-to-end feature development including backend engineering
- Care deeply about collaborating with designers and PMs to build great user experiences
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!Benefits:
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!