Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an internal flow CFD Analyst. This position requires a passionate CFD engineer with a desire to understand things in depth. They will work with people from across the company to help accelerate world leading efficiency, performance, and packaging. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and is determined to improve. They don’t just learn how to do things; they learn why something is the way it is and find ways to make it better. They are not afraid to be wrong but have a thirst for knowledge and the progression of engineering. Candidates will strike a balance between perfection and timeliness and document as they go.
- Optimize fluid and thermal design across different devices at the component and system level, collaborating across multiple departments and specialties as part of our Multi-Physics team.
- Create world-class solutions considering thermal performance, packaging and manufacturability.
- Investigate cutting-edge cooling technology and research state-of-the art solutions that could be applied in a new context.
- Collaborate across all vehicle and company teams, placing priority on the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system.
- Knowledge of and passionate interest in thermal analysis and computational fluid dynamics.
- Geometry cleanup skills in a CAD package (Catia or SpaceClaim preferred).
- Experience with CFD tools (ANSYS Fluent preferred) for meshing, solving, and post processing.
- Demonstrable track record of technical excellence in CFD or related field.
- Mistakes that you have learned from and aren’t afraid to talk about
- Strong experience in scripting and automation of repetitive tasks.
- Excellent communication skills with people of varying technical ability in your field
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team.
- The capability to design experiments to validate your analysis and ideas.
- Strong documentation practices
- Relevant experience outside of college or internships i.e. at home or work.
- Additional fields of experience (electromagnetics, structural statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience in: GTSuite, Matlab, Simulink, TaiTherm, StarCCM, Catia/3DExperience, modeFRONTIER, Optimus, OptiSLang, or other engineering software.
- Practical hands-on experience with validation and experimental measurements including design of experiments.
- Experience with multi-objective optimization and process automation software.
- Catia V5/6 experience.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.