Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The successful candidate will lead the design, development and implementation of the fusing and disconnect strategies within the vehicle high voltage battery pack. They will be responsible for working collaboratively with the supply base as well as internal members of the HV team and larger company to deliver the physical components in a time- and cost-sensitive manner with safety being the first and foremost priority.
- Serve as the main technical resource for high voltage safety disconnect strategy
- Lead system design and component specification from concept through production
- Design with excellence and great attention to every detail
- Collaborate with internal teams and external suppliers
- Direct associated component and system validation testing for your designs
- Manage multiple complex challenges within a fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of experience working on High Voltage Battery systems
- 10+ years working on Automotive applications
- 5+ years’ experience working with contactors and fuses
- Excellent 3D CAD skills in at least one professional CAD package
- Competent knowledge of electrical theory
- A desire to work hard and push boundaries
- A proven track record of technical excellence in protection and disconnect strategies
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of circuit protection theory
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- Intimately familiar with various global automotive standards and best practices
- 15+ Years High Voltage Battery Experience
- Competency in Catia (V5 or V6)
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or ElectroMechanical Engineering, Master's Preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.