Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is currently seeking an experienced Body Repair Refinishing Technician to be a part of developing a globally recognized, best-in-class collision repair program for Lucid Motors. This position will be a evolutionary one, starting with hands-on work as the Body Repair Program Team develops and grows. It will involve working with and supports the Body Repair Program as a whole, as well as other teams and departments inside Lucid. Our Ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. More details on the position are listed below:
- Report to the Body Repair Technical manager. And work with BIW Engineering and BIW Manufacturing to develop the repair methodology for Lucid Motors.
- Perform refinishing repairs on internal use, engineering vehicles.
- Validate New and existing paint codes, and validate variance formulas for the 3rd party repair network
- Help 3rd party body shops troubleshoot paint issues either in person or through distance communication solutions (email, or zoom calls)
- Maintain required PPE, paint supplies for the Body Repair Department
- Work with the Body repair Training Department and Technical Publications Departments to develop training materials for future 3rd party repair courses.
- Validate new tooling for the refinishing space (new paint guns, dustless sanding systems, polishing systems)
- Work with paint Manufacturers to develop Lucid Approved processes for small damage repairs
- Maintain EHS standards for flammable and hazardous materials handling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Lucid safety rules, guidelines, and standards.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 5+ Years refinishing experience (High End Vehicles a bonus)
- Be able to accurately identify PPE required for each task being performed.
- Identify a work process for given work orders.
- Accurately identify vehicle data (i.e., vin number, paint code, trim code) needed for the refinishing process.
- Be able to correctly identify differences between 2, 3, and 4 stage processes.
- Be knowledgeable in color theory (understand how a color wheel works).
- Accurately identify what equipment is used in specific circumstances (what nozzle sizes for spray guns are used with specific materials, etc…)
- Be able to properly mask a full vehicle and limit potential overspray issues on adjacent components or panels.
- Certified in one, or all of the mainstream paint lines (PPG, AXALTA, Glasurit, etc…)
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Office skills
- Capable of lifting up to 100lbs
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.