Rise to the challenge of climate change with a team that has the heart and the resources to deliver.
Form Energy is developing and commercializing giant, inexpensive, long-lasting batteries that can be located anywhere in the world and plug into the existing infrastructure that generates electricity. These batteries will reshape the electric system, making it possible to fully rely on renewable energy year-round, eliminating the need to burn coal and gas for electricity. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category-leading investors including Coatue, Energy Impact Partners, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
We appreciate the beauty in creating something meaningful. We also understand that people thrive in a culture that cares about collaborative relationships and mutual respect. Our executive leadership and investors are aligned and support the allocation of significant time and money towards equity, inclusion, and diversity. Form Energy is also committed to addressing climate justice while advancing technology.
Join Form Energy to amplify your impact and feel immensely proud at the end of the day.
We are looking for a process/quality engineer to develop, improve, and maintain critical internal R&D processes including electrolyte preparation, electrochemical cell assembly, cell testing, and cell disassembly. The consistency of R&D processes enable multiple teams of scientists and engineers to draw robust experimental conclusions that drive technology development forward. You will work closely with materials engineers, chemists, and technicians to ensure the reliability and quality of these processes. A successful candidate will have previous laboratory experience and be extremely detail-oriented.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure the quality of all internal R&D technical operations processes that serve technology development teams, including electrolyte preparation, electrochemical cell assembly, electrochemical cell testing, and cell disassembly.
- Continuously improve and maintain our existing quality assurance process for internally prepared electrolyte, involving detailed tracking of quality measurements.
- Collaborate with scientists to define standard operating procedures for new R&D processes, appropriate quality checks, and allowable tolerances for quality measurements.
- Collaborate with scientists to plan and execute experiments to characterize process variation, reduce process variation, and improve process robustness.
- Troubleshoot R&D processes when they fall out of specification.
- Collaborate with technicians to improve existing electrochemical cell workflows by streamlining workspaces and developing new quality measurements.
What we're looking for:
- BS in a field of engineering, physical science, or chemistry
- 2 - 4 years experience in an industrial laboratory setting
- Familiar with statistical process control methods
- Ability to teach and mentor co-workers on new methods and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders including technical team leaders, development engineers, and technicians
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.