Rise to the challenge of climate change with a team that has the heart and the resources to deliver.
Form Energy is developing and commercializing giant, inexpensive, long-lasting batteries that can be located anywhere in the world and plug into the existing infrastructure that generates electricity. These batteries will reshape the electric system, making it possible to fully rely on renewable energy year-round, eliminating the need to burn coal and gas for electricity. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category-leading investors including Coatue, Energy Impact Partners, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
We appreciate the beauty in creating something meaningful. We also understand that people thrive in a culture that cares about collaborative relationships and mutual respect. Our executive leadership and investors are aligned and support the allocation of significant time and money towards equity, inclusion, and diversity. Form Energy is also committed to addressing climate justice while advancing technology.
Join Form Energy to amplify your impact and feel immensely proud at the end of the day.We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to design and develop system-level hardware for Form Energy’s long-duration energy storage system. Initially, this role will focus on defining and executing system-level design trade studies to inform the cost and performance-optimizing system designs. Subsequently, this role will focus on developing and de-risking mechanical design concepts and assembly approaches to realize a scalable, modular product architecture that is readily field assembled. The ideal candidate will be willing to roll up their sleeves and support a wide variety of prototyping efforts across the company, and will bring deep experience in mechanical design for production and a high-level of comfort working in multi-disciplinary technical teams. The ideal candidate will also exhibit an ability to creatively solve mechanical design challenges and subsequently impart rigorous design processes to ensure product success. This role will initially be focused on definition of thermal management requirements and then execution of design and testing of cost/performance optimizing reactor thermal management systems.
What you'll do:
- Define and deliver data-driven system design trade studies to enable cost and performance optimizing system architectures
- Design, develop, and de-risk mechanical design concepts for a novel long-duration energy storage systems; focus on product design, but deeply informing engineering prototypes
- Collaborate with the reactor development team to feed back reactor-level design requirements
- Contribute to the design and testing of internal engineering prototypes to scale-up the technology in a disciplined way
What we're looking for:
- BS required (MS preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 3+ years professional experience in electromechanical product design and development
- Demonstrated track record of innovative hardware design and engineering
- Strong, broad hardware engineering perspective and experience
- Ability to contribute to innovative cross-functional teams that deliver outstanding results on tight timelines and budgets
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.