Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
This position is responsible for the design, development and all technical activities leading to the alignment of all departments and sections in the resolution of vehicle level Design open issues as well as Engineering Change Requests. The scope of the position is wire harness in-vehicle packaging, associated hardware and adherence to performance requirements.
Position Functional Requirements:Design and develop wire harness using established best practice principles. The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Design Review based on Failure Mode (DRBFM), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R). Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities. Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary. Conduct benchmarking exercises and reviewing and critiquing product designs. Drive, analyze and realize cost reduction through process and design optimizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electromechanical Engineering preferred).
- 4+ years’ experience with wire harness routing and packaging with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Electrical/Electronic Unit / chassis, Boby-In-White, vehicle systems such ABS, Lighting, Adaptive Cruise Control, Power Train, etc and components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine/Transmission / Body-in-White/ Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including Canada & Mexico.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of automotive wire harness engineering and tools and methods such as DVP, DFMEA, DFSS, Capital-H, ELdorado, VESys, Zuken. Would prefer working experience for all these tools
- Green/black belt
- CAE experiences on Electrical/Electronic Unit structure
- Hands-on involvement in the repair/modification of a vehicle, home or other technically complex project
- Knowledge of typical enterprise Systems such JIRA, SharePoint; Confluence a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.