Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Senior Engineer, Interior Components and Systems. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for the design and development of the Interior components of a world-class vehicle in terms of both styling and function.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be a significant contributor to a world-class Interior Components and Systems engineering team
- Create industry-leading Interior Components or Systems, with groundbreaking luxury, craftsmanship, performance, safety, ergonomics, and functionality
- Contribute to the packaging, engineering, release, and launch of Interior Components and Systems in the Lucid portfolio
- Work interactively within a cross-functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering team, placing priority on the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Collaborate with Interior trim suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Lucid Interior Components and Systems
- Employ and develop effective tools and an innovative approach to supporting the development
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented Interior Components and Systems development lead (for one or more: IP, Door trims, Consoles, Headliners, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive Interior Components and Systems industry benchmark, trends and supplier competencies
- Ability to create/improve/establish technical product specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to create 2D/3D concept drawings, Interior Components and Systems, packaging layouts and DFM studies (CATIA V5/V6 preferred)
- Vehicle and product launch experience
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- One full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive Interior Components and Systems
- Profound knowledge of vehicle Interior Components and Systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence and program execution
- A solid knowledge of plastic parts design, structural performance, manufacturing technologies, craftsmanship, ergonomics, safety and homologation requirements
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Science or in a relevant discipline
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.