Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Sr. High Voltage Mechanical Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with familiarity and a history of working with high voltage electrical components and/or systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Ownership battery pack component design (current and future products)
- Develop new concepts, design prototypes and validate them through test plans
- Continuously improve current products
- Diligently follow standards for part and drawing design
- Work with vendors to ensure requirements are met
- Work autonomously, with minimal direction
- Work as part of a close-knit and cohesive team to deliver an outstanding high-voltage architecture
- 5+ years’ experience in Automotive HV battery design
- Experience designing products that have shipped
- Direct experience in the mechanical design of high voltage components
- Technical excellence and can apply first-principle engineering approach
- Can demonstrate critical thinking and reach conclusions based on data
- Competent knowledge of electrical theory
- Excellent 3D CAD skills in at least one professional CAD package
- Solid understanding of GD&T standards
- Solid understanding of material selection and DFM principles
- History of working independently with limited oversight
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Catia (V5 or V6)
- Previous Experience designing parts in Automotive DC High Voltage architecture
- Competent in complex molded and overmolded part design
- The ability to show and explain extra-curricular activities that demonstrate initiative and a genuine passion in a similar or related field. This could be a conversation piece or a more formal portfolio of work
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Master's Preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.