Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are looking for an strong technical support lead for our Engineering Tools team. This person will have great direct hands-on experience with the tools (e.g., CATIA) along with history of and an enthusiasm to help engineers be more productive. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and excellence in these areas along with a drive to make things better.
- Works with engineering teams to support functional requirements in their use of engineering software.
- Works with engineering tools and IT to understand the out-of-the-box (OOTB) capabilities and limitations of the current toolsets including Design, CAD/PLM, Simulation (e.g., FEA, CFD, etc.), Digital Factory, math modeling, etc.
- Serves at Level 1 contact for technical and licensing issues – working to help solve application issues with the engineer, Lucid IT and software tool providers (including OEM and service provider).
- License management including:
- Enrollment (including working with IT partners to establish new license services)
- Team Needs assessment
- Monitoring (including the establishment and use of license monitoring tools)
- Management of engineering tools issues in Lucid’s corporate helpdesk management tools
- Documentation of issue resolution and growing the corporate knowledge bank
- Strong working knowledge of engineering tools including
- CAD/PDM/PLM (3DExperience / CATIA V6 strongly preferred)
- Working Familiarity with tools
- Design tools (e.g., Alias/ICEM)
- Math Modeling (e.g.,MATLAB/SIMULINK)
- FEA/CFD (e.g., Abaqus, ANSYS LS-DYNA etc.) and associated tools
- 5 years experience in a similar role. Automotive engineering experience preferred.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Experience in CAD / PLM tools – strong preference for 3DExperience / CATIA V6
- Strong communication skills for one-on-one support and presentation to groups (e.g., user forums)
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of business partners (internal and external) and drive timely resolution
- Scripting / programming (VBScript, Python, C++ etc.) skills strongly preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.