Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Chassis DFMEA and Functional Safety Engineer, you will lead the development and delivery of the safety case and crucial supporting documentation for safety-relevant Chassis systems.You will engage with software engineers, integration engineers, mechanical engineers, and system owners across the company to analyse, develop and document our systems from concept to production.
- Feature definition, HARA, safety goal development, FTA, at vehicle- and system-level
- Lead DFMEA, SFMEA, PFMEA activities for Chassis systems
- Ensure all relevant work is correctly documented and traceable
- Support the development of braking, steering, suspension control systems from initial concept to SOP with excellence and great detail
- Work closely with various functions across the company
- Work with multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in automotive functional safety
- Good understanding of vehicle systems, especially steering, braking & EV powertrain
- Knowledge of automotive communication protocols
- Excellent understanding of ISO 26262 & IEC 61508
- Ability to read and work with system diagrams, electrical schematics, etc
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in relevant engineering discipline
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.