Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are currently seeking a Senior Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software. This position requires an experienced professional with an embedded software or firmware development background and testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with other Platform engineers to identify, create and implement test cases and validation criteria for Platform level features of an ECU.
- Design and build test benches for the automated testing of diagnostic functionality of an ECU, ECU communication and automated testing of the bootloader.
- Schedule test runs according to the release schedule of the software, document and report test results
- Create test tools for automation, create and improve automation scripts.
- Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Define and identify the gaps in the process for test and validation of Platform level features of an ECU and work with the Platform software engineers to update the requirement documents.
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as per ISO 26262.
- Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug various systems and ECUs using lab and measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters as well as tools such as debuggers, Vector CANoe, CANalyzer.
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement.
- Strong knowledge of Vector CANoe and Diagnostic analysis tools.
- Moderate knowledge of Python/CAPL scripting language.
- Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test benches.
- Experience working with ECUs and troubleshooting hardware and debugging software
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to measure and command signals, through scripting or otherwise.
- Strong knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW development and testing activities
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
- MS preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.