Rise to the challenge of climate change with a team that has the heart and the resources to deliver.
Form Energy is developing and commercializing giant, inexpensive, long-lasting batteries that can be located anywhere in the world and plug into the existing infrastructure that generates electricity. These batteries will reshape the electric system, making it possible to fully rely on renewable energy year-round, eliminating the need to burn coal and gas for electricity. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category-leading investors including Coatue, Energy Impact Partners, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
We appreciate the beauty in creating something meaningful. We also understand that people thrive in a culture that cares about collaborative relationships and mutual respect. Our executive leadership and investors are aligned and support the allocation of significant time and money towards equity, inclusion, and diversity. Form Energy is also committed to addressing climate justice while advancing technology.
Join Form Energy to amplify your impact and feel immensely proud at the end of the day.
We are looking for a business development leader who will work closely with the executive team to define and execute Form Energy’s commercial strategy in Europe. A successful candidate will bring commercial acumen and relationships to complement Form Energy’s extensive network and will contribute innovative thinking to devise contractual and financial structures adequate to support the commercialization of our technology at various stages of our roadmap, from early stage to fully bankable. A successful candidate will work closely with our world-class analytics team and leverage Formware and our data platform to establish a data-driven, value-focussed business and project development workflow that maximizes conversion rates and maintains a linear path from product development to market deployment opportunities. A successful candidate will work closely with the hardware product team to efficiently relay customer insights and inform targeted and effective product development and collateral. A successful candidate will help foster a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture in a critical function at the heart of our company and will mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential. A successful candidate will contribute their knowledge and expertise and be curious and excited about learning from other team members. A successful candidate will be experienced in infrastructure business development and project development models, will be proficient in the financial and risk analysis of opportunities, will be versed in account and project management and will be able and excited to act as an individual contributor where needed.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the executive team to define and execute Form Energy’s commercial strategy in Europe, including initial target markets and customers, product offerings, sales and revenue models.
- Devise and operationalize innovative partnership models and contractual and financial structures adequate to support the commercialization of our technology at various stages of our roadmap, with particular emphasis on early stage commercialization; partnership models can include, but are not limited to:Hardware+software solution sales;Project development and co-development.
- Deliver >1GW of commercial options in 24 months for Form Energy’s transformative low-cost, long-duration storage solutions.
- Recruit and manage a small team of talented, diverse and passionate business and project development professionals.
- Contribute first-hand to account management and to the development of commercial collateral, as needed.
- Work closely with the analytics team and leverage Formware and our data platform to establish a data-driven, value-focussed project and business development workflow that maximizes conversion rates and maintains a linear path from product development to market deployment opportunities.
- Work closely with the hardware product team to efficiently relay customer insights and inform targeted and effective product development and collateral.
- Help establish best CRM practices and tools.
- Champion a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture.
- Mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential.
What we're looking for:
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business development leadership role in the power and infrastructure industries.
- Proven track record of delivering strong commercial pipelines, meeting revenue targets for innovative, complex hardware solutions.
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of the electric power industry, with special focus on European power markets.
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of power project development.
- Extensive professional networks in Utilities, IPPs, project developers and project financiers.
- An experienced manager and mentor.A generous team player.
- Passionate about contributing own knowledge and expertise to enrich the team; curious and excited about learning from other team members’ areas of expertise.
- Passionate about hard but meaningful challenges, in particular energy systems’ decarbonization.
- Passionate about the development and commercialization of disruptive energy technologies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other leaders in the organization.
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.