Rise to the challenge of climate change with a team that has the heart and the resources to deliver.
Form Energy is developing and commercializing giant, inexpensive, long-lasting batteries that can be located anywhere in the world and plug into the existing infrastructure that generates electricity. These batteries will reshape the electric system, making it possible to fully rely on renewable energy year-round, eliminating the need to burn coal and gas for electricity. The company’s core technology was invented at MIT and is supported by category-leading investors including Coatue, Energy Impact Partners, and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
We appreciate the beauty in creating something meaningful. We also understand that people thrive in a culture that cares about collaborative relationships and mutual respect. Our executive leadership and investors are aligned and support the allocation of significant time and money towards equity, inclusion, and diversity. Form Energy is also committed to addressing climate justice while advancing technology.
Join Form Energy to amplify your impact and feel immensely proud at the end of the day.
We are looking for a project development leader who will work closely with the executive, business development and product teams to define and execute Form Energy’s business strategy in North America and be responsible for the origination, structuring and execution of high quality commercial project pipelines. A successful candidate will bring commercial acumen and project development experience and relationships to complement Form Energy’s extensive network and will contribute innovative thinking to devise contractual and financial structures adequate to support the commercialization of our technology post-pilot phase. A successful candidate will work closely with our world-class analytics team and leverage Formware and our data platform to establish a data-driven, value-focussed project and business development workflow that maximizes conversion rates and maintains a linear path from product development to market deployment opportunities. A successful candidate will work closely with the product management team to efficiently relay customer needs and willingness to pay and to inform targeted and effective product development and collateral. A successful candidate will help foster a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture in a critical function at the heart of our company and will mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential. A successful candidate will contribute their knowledge and expertise and be curious and excited about learning from other team members. A successful candidate will be experienced in infrastructure business development and project development models, will be proficient in the financial and risk analysis of opportunities, will be versed in account and project management and will be able and excited to act as an individual contributor where needed.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the executive, business development and product teams to define and execute Form Energy’s business strategy in NA, including defining target markets and customers, product offerings, pricing and revenue models.
- Deliver on target volume, revenue, and margin goals for stand-alone and hybrid long-duration storage projects.
- Negotiate power contracts with counterparties in collaboration with stakeholders from functions across the organization.
- Explore creative deal structures to assist in differentiating product offering including firm or shaped renewable energy products, reliability and risk products, transmission products, etc. and establish strategic partnerships with other forms of complementary generation.
- Establish relationships with procurement, trading, and origination desks at utilities, munis, coops, C&I off-takers, investment banks and power marketers.
- Drive power marketing “ideas” to definitive deliverables (financial models, term sheets, contracts) and timetables for execution.
- Provide deal structure recommendations to minimize collateral requirements and support negotiation of financing arrangements.
- RFP & Proposal Development - Identify RFP opportunities and originate bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes.
- Manage financial modeling and analysis, creation of internal and external proposals, and transaction execution.
- Manage and collaborate with internal and external resources in the process of structuring, negotiating, and closing project transactions including land agreements, tax agreements, PPAs, BOTs, PSAs, and EPC agreements.
- Lead and/or manage due diligence on projects, sites, and counterparties for development or acquisition projects.
- Analyze and interpret regulations, power economics, input prices and other data by market and provide input to the company’s business plan and development strategy.
- Deliver >1GW of concrete commercial options in 24 months for Form Energy’s transformative low-cost, long-duration storage solutions.
- Work closely with the analytics team and leverage Formware and our data platform to establish a data-driven, value-focussed project and business development workflow that maximizes conversion rates and maintains a linear path from product development to market deployment opportunities.
- Work closely with the product management team to efficiently relay customer needs and willingness to pay and to inform targeted and effective product development and collateral.
- Champion a positive, collaborative, blameless, open and generous culture.
- Recruit and manage a small team of high performing individuals.
- Mentor younger team members to achieve their full professional potential.
What we're looking for:
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- 5+ years of professional experience in a project development leadership role in the power and infrastructure industries.
- Proven track record of delivering strong commercial pipelines, meeting revenue targets for innovative, complex hardware solutions.
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of the electric power industry, with special focus on NA power markets.
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of power project development.
- Extensive professional networks in Utilities, IPPs, project developers and project financiers.
- An experienced manager and mentor.
- A generous team player.
- Passionate about contributing own knowledge and expertise to enrich the team; curious and excited about learning from other team members’ areas of expertise.
- Passionate about hard but meaningful challenges, in particular energy systems’ decarbonization.
- Passionate about the development and commercialization of disruptive energy technologies.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other leaders in the organization.
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.