At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Our Accounting/Finance team is seeking a Senior Accountant. This role will report into the Accounting Manager of our Accounting & Finance Team. Only CPA's or CPA candidates with a roll up your sleeves attitude need apply. Public and Private Accounting experience is highly preferred. SOX environment. Successful candidates must be extremely proficient in Excel.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing financial transactions and records.
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains the general ledger by reviewing trial balance and preparing reconciling entries.
- Assist with the identification and improvement of controls and processes.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information, assisting in the preparation of the balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist with external audits by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts.
- Prepare information for auditors.
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of auditing team.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- CPA or CPA candidate-required.
- Accounting Degree-required.
- Advanced Excel skills, with proficiency using and creating Pivot Tables, Sumifs, and VLOOKUP
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be proactive and deadline oriented.
- Experience in public and private accounting.
- Net Suite experience is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to work independently in an office workspace and remotely as needed.
- Collaboration in a team-oriented environment is a crucial component for this role.
- Displays a "roll-up your sleeve" positive attitude.
- Familiarity working in a SOX environment.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment.