At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Human Resource Manager (HR) provides functional leadership to ensure high standards of HR service delivery to the manufacturing facility; provides counsel and forwarding looking, effective solutions to HR and manufacturing leaders on various operating issues and opportunities; fosters a talent mindset by assisting leaders to develop and manage talent processes and initiatives to ensure a healthy succession pipeline and positive employee relations; and ensures legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy.
- Collaborates with leadership to identify and execute the human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; will administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigations, employee disciplinary meetings, and terminations.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, morale, and occupational health and safety.
- Oversees learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees. Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, including union avoidance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Solid understanding of best practice manufacturing operating environments (structures, operating processes, functional competencies) and HR programs and services that build talent and organizational capability.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required of
- increasingly challenging HR responsibilities in progressive manufacturing operating environments required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.