Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Greenfield Logistics and Launch Manager. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day chaos that comes from managing the logistical needs of a large-scale operation while also developing and implementing all logistics processes required to have a successful new product launch. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop launch plan & timing that ensures success for the project
- Develop and execute the processes required to manage the proposed launch
- Provide direction and leadership to the launch team on objectives, deliverable, change points, and priorities
- Develop, implement and track all new product launches (project management), including management systems around Supplier Communication, Parts Ordering, Change Point Management, Parts Control and Lineside Delivery related to Logistics activities
- Represent Logistics in all launch activities and at each gateway review
- Ensure Logistics Process Best Practice adoption across all plant logistics functions
- Support the logistics material flow team in the development and launch of new logistics solutions for material delivery lineside
- Support the development and launch of receiving facilities and market places to enable effective material receipt and distribution on site
- Track deliverable to ensure full & robust implementation
- Document best practices and lessons learned throughout the duration of the program
- Ensure regular and robust communication with appropriate tools
- Work cross functionally to develop and implement robust logistics operating processes.
- Facilitate/coordinate logistics launch concerns and provide a regular communication link back to the program and plant senior team
- Establish working relationships with representatives from key organizations related to launch
- Ensure all logistics launch activities are coordinated to deliver a flawless launch i.e. Material Flow, Freight, Packaging, Engineering Change, Warehousing, Sequencing, Kitting, Subassembly
- Provide input to launch budget development to ensure that it provides required resources to allow plant to deliver launch targets while optimizing part procurement costs.
- Ensure Logistics preparation is clearly communicated and controlled to ensure the right parts are at the right place at the right time for install.
- Provide the Logistics needs, wants and lessons learned into the program early.
- Manage rapid closure of issues to ensure problems are being closed in a timely manner or escalated
- Participate and represent Logistics in Manufacturing Readiness Reviews
- Planning and implementation of entire Logistics Chain from project proposal up to delivery to lineside, final disposal and deliver to associates.
- Audit and Assessment, Monitor Performance, Preventive and Corrective Actions.
- Plan and executed Lean Materials Strategies.
- Comply with Manufacturing’s vision and ensures consideration of total cost.
- Planning / Design, Launch & Start Up of new vehicle launches.
- Administer daily planning operations to ensure plan deployed to Operations.
- Control and report out Program Milestones (i.e. quality valves, readiness reviews, layout meetings, manufacturing walls, MRD’s, support PPAP process, red launch alerts, etc.).
- Development of the program cost commitments for logistics
- Comply with Manufacturing’s sequencing and subassembly vision and ensures consideration of total cost.
- Launch of Greenfield Facilities involving all logistics activities.
- Development and the execution of the overall logistics strategy for the program throughout the vehicle development process.
- Support the plant layout development and flow of material according
- Document and implement the program logistics strategy together with Material Flow Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Packaging, Supply Chain Planning and the Operations Team.
- Represent the Logistics Department in the design of facility changes.
- Coordinate the departmental master plan and maintain timelines.
- Disseminate new model and interim change product and process information.
- Coordinate logistics facility changes with plant staff.
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: logistics, material flow, material planning, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support systems and technology
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- 2+ years direct leadership experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.