Form Energy is a team of passionate people tackling the challenge of climate change through transformationally cheap energy storage. Our team members are active learners who enjoy working on tough technology problems in massive markets and embody our values of humanity, excellence and creativity. The company is backed by a diverse set of committed investors and we have raised over $100M to date.
We are looking for a Test Engineer II to aid in qualifying the performance of the core energy-storing reactor for implementation in a long duration energy storage system. The Test Engineer will be responsible for wrangling data from new performance qualification test protocols and automating data analysis with Python scripts and statistical analysis software (i.e., JMP). The Test Engineer II will also be responsible for designing, prototyping, and validating electrical test stands to qualify the performance of Form Energy’s battery systems. Additionally, this role will support defining the operational build and test workflow aimed at advancing Form Energy’s product development efforts. The Test Engineer II will collaborate with design engineers for the energy-storing reactor, software developers creating our automated data analysis pipeline, and the technical operations team managing the test lab. The ideal candidate will exhibit advanced programming skills in a scientific programming language (i.e., Python, MATLAB) and have experience designing custom electrical test systems composed of off the shelf hardware (i.e., DAQs, power supplies, amplifiers).
What you'll do:
- Wrangle and analyze data from new performance qualification tests; automate data analysis with a scientific programming language
- Design and prototype electrical test stands to meet data collection requirements for testing Form Energy’s electrochemical reactors
- Aggregate data analysis and testing requirements from an interdisciplinary team of engineers all contributing to the reactor development effort
- Collaborate with team members developing Form Energy’s automated data pipeline to introduce new data sources and automated analysis methods
- Provide hands-on support for initiating and monitoring large-scale battery prototype testing
What you'll need:
- BS degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience wrangling and analyzing data using a scientific programming language and statistical analysis software; more experience is welcome
- 3+ years of experience designing hardware data acquisition and electrical test systems; more experience is welcomeAdvanced programming skills in Python, MATLAB or similar language
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software, such as JMP, Minitab, or similar
U.S. Work Authorization Required.Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
Form Energy is committed to equitable compensation and we offer a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. We offer a 401k and all employees are granted stock options. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.