Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Junior Engineer, Interior Components and Systems. This position requires a drive for learning, creativity and the automotive industry.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Learn to use and operate our PLM and CAD system
- Perform CAD modeling and mechanical engineering design of various interior components
- Create mock-ups and 3D printed assemblies for prototype tests
- Track project progress for various assemblies with suppliers for manufacture of parts and help track open issues of items
- Manage BOM and PLM for interior components and work cross functionally to help in the release and revision control of parts and assemblies
- Develop methods for improving part manufacturability, improved strength and stiffness
- Where possible utilize FEA and CFD to validate empirical calculations or work with cross functional teams to generate results
- Apply mechanical engineering principles on fluid dynamics, mechanical statics and dynamics to help improve part design for the interior parts
- Help ensure safety during testing and assembly of parts in interior sub assembly process
- Use CATIA to convey ideas to managers and teams
- Support engineers to provide development and supplier assistance to part development
- Creates reports for various aspect of arriving parts including, measurement data, quality, appearance
- Support GA to assemble vehicles and diagnose build issues
- Demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented engineer
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive process and industry
- Experienced in using CAD to create 2D/3D concept drawings
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- Basic Understanding in part design and understanding of plastic injection molding, sheet metal, castings and stampings
- Experience with metals, plastics and composites
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- A solid knowledge of plastic parts design, structural performance, manufacturing technologies, craftsmanship, ergonomics, safety and homologation requirements
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineer or in a relevant discipline
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.