Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer with structural, thermal, and/or electrical design experience. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
As a Power Electronics Mechanical Engineer, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle inverters, DC/DC converters and charging systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Create designs interactively with the vehicle packaging team and other product engineering inputs, updating designs accordingly
- Optimize mechanical designs for size, weight, durability, performance and cost
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Integrate mechanical designs with high voltage electrical systems in a multidisciplinary environment
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- Strong 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience with shop tools and prototyping
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, sheet metal stamping, die casting, etc
- Experience in automotive product validation (environmental testing, shock/drop, etc)
- Experience with electric propulsion systems
- Experience with automotive engineering
- Experience with electronic control systems
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical Engineering
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.