Compensate is a nonprofit combating climate change by offering everyone easy access to carbon capture. Compensate Foundation owns 100% of Compensate Operations Ltd, which is responsible for the daily operations of the foundation. Compensate is headquartered in Helsinki.
About the role
In this role you will collaborate directly with our talented cross-functional team to build an easy access, dual-sided (consumer/provider) carbon market platform using technologies such as Go, React, PostgreSQL, Stripe, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, and Terraform! This is a critical position where you will need to craft a solution for a dual-marketplace that will take into account users and processes on the business side and consumer side. The right person for this role will have the unique ability to think holistically in a technical and business-oriented sense.
- Work alongside the development team on the the technology roadmap
- Drive cross-functional, technical conversations to stay in lock-step with product, partnerships and brand.
- Proactively deliver on technical objectives, implement systems with fault-tolerant capabilities and ensure system stability and scalability.
- Work on architectural related decisions that directly impact end-to-end product and public interfaces.
- Build, manage and grow relationships and projects with existing and future technical partners
- Develop a Carbon Store where the highest- performing carbon capture providers, consumers and businesses meet to fight climate change
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., coordinating, building consensus, influencing without authority, listening, being open to other perspectives)
- Utilizing cloud architecture as a tool
- Comfortability with a variety of backend and front-end technology stacks
- You are passionate about improving engineering practices (TDD, CI, continuous deployment, pair programming, and design/code reviews)
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams and interfacing with non-technical teams e.g. product, finance and brand.
- Experience implementing products/services with 3rd party partners
- Experience building and consuming internal/external APIs