Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
Impossible Foods is seeking a mission-aligned Senior/Research Associate, to join the Product Innovation Department - an interdisciplinary team of designers, scientists, engineers, and chefs. We are looking for a curious, analytic, collaborative, and creative “can-do” problem solver. You will be working within a team to innovate and create new products. This role will discover how to create new product attributes, formulate new products, and conduct sensory and analytical tests.
- Create delicious and nutritious plant based meat products to delight consumers.
- Formulate new products and improve current products.
- Design, conduct, and analyze sensory and analytical experiments.
- Integrate flavor and texture technologies into products.
- Support complex and large scale experiments within a team.
- Present research results to the working team and create reports.
- Voice ideas, concerns and solutions to teammates.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
- BS or MS in Sensory Science, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of research or development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive working as part of a team.
- Experience in formulation, material science, protein science, flavor creation, sensory science and or assay development a plus.
- Strong ability to use the scientific method.
- Experience in data analysis and some statistical knowledge.
- Sensory testing experience a plus.
- Agile working with their hands to create food samples.
- A passion to create new products that meet consumers' needs.
- Self starter with the ability to thrive in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.