Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!Our Team:
At Imperfect, our Warehouse Teams are the backbone of our business. We have a variety of fast-paced positions available with one common goal: to get high-quality accurate grocery orders to our customers. We offer excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. If you're a dedicated team member with strong attention to detail and are passionate about reducing food waste, we want to hear from you!
to see a breakdown of the different roles within our Warehouse.
Why work at Imperfect:
- Competitive pay: $15.50 per hour
- Health benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage for our employees and their dependents
- 401k and equity package
- Paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays
- $25 weekly credit to your Imperfect Foods account
- Opportunity for career advancement, regular bonuses, and merit-based pay increases
- Get some extra dough for referring your friends/past colleagues ($250 & up!)
What you’ll be doing:
- Shift information:
- Responsibilities vary depending on the role, for a detailed list, use the link in the “Our Warehouse Team” section
- Select orders for customers, paying attention to order accuracy, count, and quality
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse environment
- Perform various warehouse activities as well as receive, input, sort, load, and unload products
- Keen attention to detail is a must, as you will be inspecting products for defects and reporting damages as needed
- Organize stock, maintain inventory, and process, pack, and label orders
- Please note, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time at your Manager’s discretion.
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with the warehouse environment, and order selecting
- The ability to stay focused and work efficiently both alone and as part of a team
- Comfortability with basic math, and with reading and writing in English
- Communication skills and attention to detail
- Energized by physical work, able to lift 50 lbs and work standing for 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment (34°F)
- Forklift certification is a plus, but not required
- Passion about our mission to eliminate food waste, and build a better food system for all
- Please take a moment to apply if this seems like a good fit for you. If you decide it is not, there are other job opportunities on our website linked HERE that just might be.
- If your application is a fit, someone from our team will contact you via email to set up an onsite interview and warehouse tour
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.