Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!About the Role:Our Warehouse Associate Prep Lead is responsible for the preparation and execution of a daily prep plan, data collecting, company standards for quality, food safety & sanitation, and tasks assigned by the Production Manager or Production Supervisor. Warehouse Associate Prep Leads must be able to use and read a scale. Basic math and computer skills are also required. The ability to understand Imperfect quality standards and values is imperative. The Prep Lead will work closely with the Prep Team to ensure accuracy in quality and order sizes of products from raw state until packed. Our Prep Leads will work an a-typical work schedule, and time and attendance are a top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicates with all co-workers while still embodying our values. Provides employees guidance on how to properly perform their task.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of a daily prep plan
- Responsible for tracking spoilage and reporting it to the Prep Supervisor
- Support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for the performance and productivity of their team
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures, Safety guidelines, and GMPs.
- Performs duties to support the operations of production, warehouse and inventory teams.
- Report any potential safety hazards or repair needs to supervisor or management
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Communicate with other cross-functional departments in order to collaborate and solve problems especially quality/inventory lead
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance and/or Supervisor.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice based on company needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic produce knowledge
- Produce handling experience
- Familiarity with a warehouse environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work standing for 8+ hours
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated environment
- Previous processing experience preferred
- Packing or assembly line experience preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Proficient in computer systems (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Certification in forklift operation required
Details of the Position:
- Full-time non-exempt position reporting to the Production Supervisor
- The position is based out of our warehouse in Walnut, California
- Sat-Wed Open Availability (AM Shift)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Warehouse Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
- Ability to work in both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Able to walk, stand, bend, squat/stoop, climb, reach, crouch, and kneel throughout the workday.
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/ or packages weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly or continuously over time.
- You’re self motivated and a teamplayer
- You’re able to stay focused and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- You have excellent attention to detail and a great sense of urgency
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.