Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
The China Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for developing and managing Impossible’s ecommerce business in China, which will be a key part of our growth in the market. The role will work closely with Impossible’s headquarters and international team to initially set-up our cross-border ecommerce business and then build out our domestic ecommerce business. The role will be a combination of sales, marketing, logistics, strategy, and vendor management. As part of a small team, encouraged to help build our China e-commerce business from the ground up. This role will report to the Director of Impossible Foods China
- Define ecommerce growth strategy: Determine how our ecommerce business should evolve over time in support of our larger China market goals.
- Set-up the ecommerce business: Identify, negotiate with, and secure the optimal partners (TPs, ecommerce platforms, logistics partners, etc.) to build out our ecommerce value chain and set-up our online ecommerce presence on multiple platforms (Tmall, WeChat, etc.).
- Manage value chain partners: Work directly with partners and vendors (TPs, importers, logistics providers, etc.) to ensure smooth operations and achievement of performance requirements. Identify new partners and manage the transition between partners as necessary.
- Manage daily ecommerce operations: Own the day-to-day management of the ecommerce business, including marketing, logistics, customer support, etc.
- Initially oversee digital marketing: Help develop and run digital marketing in support of and related to our ecommerce business. Work with the local team, agency, and headquarters on content strategy and development.
- Gain key market insights: Synthesize key market trends and our ecommerce performance to feed into our ecommerce and overall market strategy.
- Collaborate closely with other teams: Effectively partner and communicate with cross-functional teams locally and at headquarters.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
- Mission driven with genuine interest and passion for Impossible Foods’ mission
- Extensive China work and living experience
- 8+ years of experience in ecommerce operations and digital marketing, with preferred industry experience in F&B and CPG
- BA/BS degree
- Experience building and operating a consumer-facing ecommerce business in China
- Experience working with ecommerce partners and platforms in China (Tmall, Wechat, TPs, importers/distributors, etc.)
- Experience developing forecasts and go-to-market plans
- Creative, resourceful, and willing to be very hands-on
- Entrepreneurial, willing to do what it takes to solve problems
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing external vendors in China
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with ability to work autonomously
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Fully fluent in English and Mandarin