Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About The Team:
The Contract Pricing team is a key component of the Marketplace Growth department at Convoy. We navigate the gentle balance between margin opportunities and volume growth potential, within longer term shipper agreements. Effective pricing requires a mix of science and art, as we utilize and influence mathematical models developed by a world leading data science department while simultaneously seeking creative and innovative solutions that generate value for our customers.About You:
You are ready to take the next step in your logistics career and get your foot in the door at one of the hottest startups in the country. You are passionate about winning and excited by the opportunity to make an immediate (and material) impact on the success of the business.
Working on the Pricing team, you will be responsible for building tools, support structures, and processes that will help lead to better business decisions. You will demonstrate the ability to exceed in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You will lead projects and initiatives while mentoring and training your fellow team members. You'll bring the enthusiasm and aptitude necessary to get the job done!
- Guide Convoy’s expansion through pricing and lane selection strategy
- Support Shipper Sales and Account Management teams by executing against strategic pricing requests and RFPs
- Actively engage with Carrier Sales to maintain current knowledge of market rates
- Monitor buying power, automation, and other key performance metrics on core lanes of the Convoy marketplace
- Lead ad hoc quantitative deep dives and provide actionable insights to the business
- Build and maintain trackers, databases, and models related to pricing activities
- Develop innovative pricing techniques to improve upon the current contracted pricing interaction between shippers and brokers/carriers
- Identify, track, and report on key metrics related to pricing activity
- Collaborate with team members to conceptualize, define, and implement the future state of pricing at Convoy
- Partner with world-class product and engineering teams to design tools and infrastructure that support ambitious scale along with ensuring pricing model improvements/efficiencies
- Mentor more junior members of the team and develop best practices that will be the basis for future training materials
- Bring energy, passion and a positive attitude
We're looking for someone who has:
- Relevant Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field along with 4-7 years of professional/business experience in progressive analytical roles.
- Fluency with Data: Strong analytical skills – moderate/advanced Excel/Sheets, good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, and tracking key business metrics. Experience writing/understanding SQL queries and other data manipulation/visualization software packages.
- Apt Communication Skills: Ability/willingness to communicate to internal and external stakeholders, as well as senior executives, with keen attention to detail and clear delivery of complicated topics.
- Process Improvement Mindset: Comfortable with business process mapping approaches and the ability to optimize for operational efficiencies.
- Superior Organizational and Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Humility: Takes work seriously, but not themselves. Confident, yet humble. Enjoys hearing diverse perspectives on a problem and bringing groups together to agree on the best possible solution.
- Shipper Logistics Experience: Bonus points for knowing the freight industry and RFP pricing process inside and out from the shipper side of the table.
- Mentorship Mentality: Not only are you able to execute effectively, but you also have the desire to teach and train co-workers, contributing to their success.
- Appetite for Disruption: Convoy is transforming the freight industry and although your experience will guide your approach, you should be willing to reinvent what you’ve learned in order to always seek a better method.
Internal Application Requirements (Internal Only):
- At least 12 months within your current role and must be in good standing
- Exemplifies the Convoy values of “Earn it Through Results”, “Dive Deep”, and “Love Problems, Not Solutions”
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!