Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About you:
You are a strong, data-motivated operational leader who is eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. In partnership with key operations stakeholders at Convoy, you will manage the team that oversees outsourced vendors that serve as customer support, problem solvers, and quality control for Convoy’s shippers and carriers. You’ll be an integral part of scaling Convoy’s operations to provide a smooth, consistent, and positive experience for our customers. You can demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment and are ready to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity, enthusiasm, and a bias for action.
- Steer a team to develop, deploy and deliver against operations metrics required for our business to meet customer needs and internal company efficiency goals.
- Drive the successful execution of cross-functional process improvement programs to address critical business issues or opportunities (e.g., forecasting, automation, and productivity improvement).
- Collaborate with other leaders in operations to ensure consistency in process, performance, and culture across Convoy sites.
- Manage hiring, onboarding, training, and performance management of a team of Program Managers and Business Analysts.
- Identify and advocate for additional resources and reporting needed for your team to succeed.
- Work with our product and engineering teams to make improvements that drive strong results.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Management Experience
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong investigative and research skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; SQL proficiency a plus
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks and deliver results in a collaborative, start-up environment with changing requirements and priorities.
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and/or data visualization
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!