At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEW
This position supports rapid and relentless innovation by overseeing purchasing, equipment, inventory, and shipping / receiving at Beyond Meat’s R&D center in El Segundo, CA. The Innovation Lab Manager will support onsite staff by ensuring appropriate inventory of general supplies to perform their work duties. The Lab Manager will facilitate the purchase, installation, and maintenance of new equipment. In addition, the Lab Manager will be the main point of contact for problem solving any lab related challenges that arise. Successful candidates will be comfortable working in a dynamic environment, highly organized, and comfortable communicating cross-functionally.
- Work within ordering / inventory management system to providing updates to equipment work order records
- Coordinate scheduling equipment with internal customer and external vendors as applicable including generating and tracking of monthly PMs due lists.
- Coordinate with local vendors for courier drop off and site pick up for equipment relocation
- Maintain records for incoming equipment including vendor service records, equipment trackers, and equipment pick up records
- Researches parts for instruments to replace damaged parts or add-on to current instruments
- Perform vendor escorting for work site activities
- Works with Facilities to assign space for new equipment
- Support the procurement of materials
- Track equipment inventory and disposition within lab space though end of lifecycle
- Manages ordering for R&D staff, including obtaining quotes, making requests, following up on order status, and coordinating receiving
- Liaises with Finance to set up new vendors, request purchase orders
- Inventories supplies weekly to ensure common use items are available for researchers
- Utilization of Good Documentation Practices in all record keeping
- Promote a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
- Serve as the first point of contact for Inventory, Supply and Shipping/Receiving matters or concerns
- Shares policies and trainings with new and existing employees
- Leads onsite onboarding for new employees
- Assigns workspaces for new hires, sets up new lab spaces, assigns cold storage space
- Participate in projects and perform other duties as needed
- Manages a team, overseeing staff responsible for shipping and receiving, maintenance, and inventory.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
- 5+ years of experience as a lab manager, preferably in healthcare or food industry
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills and proactive approach in all duties
- Ability to instantly adapt to a flexible and changing schedule
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Frequent bending and lifting
- Lifting items not exceeding 25 lbs.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
- Research and Development Lab