Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
Nexamp is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join its Boston office. This position will report to the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting and will be responsible for month end functions, reporting and other ad-hoc projects. This individual will have the opportunity for future growth and development amongst a group of high achieving and fun professionals. We are seeking a driven, dedicated, and enthusiastic professional to join our dynamic team.
Responsible for the execution and performance of accounting and finance activities, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with the corporate close, such as:
- Prepare the following schedules: capitalized project development schedules, accrual schedules, and intercompany eliminations
- Review the following schedules: prepaid expenses, payroll, benefits allocations, and the daily cash reconciliation
- Assist in supervising and reviewing staff accountant’s work.
- Work closely with FP&A team on annual budget, monthly/quarterly re-forecast and budget to actual analysis.
- Own/lead the inventory process, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly accruals and journal entries for inventory and cost of goods sold (COGS) accounts
- Develop and maintain internal controls and account reconciliations for inventory and COGS
- Perform biannual standard cost rolls in ERP system
- Plan, organize and direct bi-annual/quarterly company-wide physical inventory counts and cycle count observations
- Work with the logistics team to improve the current inventory process
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements prepared under the US GAAP and IFRS frameworks.
- Preparation of monthly IFRS supporting schedules for financial reporting.
- Preparation of monthly supporting files for financial reporting including, debt rollforward, capitalized project development rollforward, investment rollforward, etc.
- Preparation of financial statement footnotes and supporting documents for audited financial statements.
- Assist in tasks related to the improvement of processes relating to the ERP system.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management – including various department requests.
- Coordinate and assist with year-end audit requests.
- Additional ad hoc projects as assigned
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented, and operate well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate should be prepared for increased responsibilities as they relate to the role and in a rapidly growing company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 2-4 years related accounting experience, public accounting preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP (and IFRS is a plus).
- Experience with accounting systems; NetSuite strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the accounting team, executive management, and all departments across the organization.
- Willing and able to adapt to a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, and efficient.
- Robust analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and overall computer skills.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn and grow.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Flexible Paid Time Off; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement. We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office and online yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.