Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly-detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join the Finance team. This individual will handle day-to-day accounting transactions to support our growing and scaling company. The ideal candidate will thrive in a bit of an ambiguous and ever-changing company that is scaling, is able to handle competing priorities, and who will execute with precision to allow for growth of current processes. The ideal candidate will also be as excited about day-to-day accounting as they are about opportunities to tackle complex accounting issues and create lasting system and process improvements. We are looking for someone who is calm under pressure and efficient, while still enjoying the uncertainty and ever-changing nature of a high growth company.
This role is based in Washington, DC, and will report to the Controller (once hired). Additionally, the candidate will collaborate frequently with the COO, Head of Finance, and Finance Director.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries and reconcile accounts in Sage Intacct and Excel
- Process and organize Accounts Payable invoices and subsequent cash disbursements
- Assist audit and tax preparations by gathering support and preparing schedules
- Assist analyzing and preparing revenue contract reporting and journal entries in accordance with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition guidance, to eventually lead this process
- Review and approve expense reports through Concur
- Assist in departmental budget work – classifying and booking journal entries, preparing reporting, coordinating with Director of Finance
- Assist Accounting Manager with US GAAP research for appropriate accounting treatment
- Guide and enforce accounting policy
- Support management by preparing and analyzing ad hoc reports as needed
What will help you succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Accounting or Finance
- 4-5+ years of relevant work experience in public or corporate accounting, working with audits and monthly closes
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and Vlookup
- Experience with new revenue recognition standards ASC 606
- Experience with major ERP systems like Sage Intacct
- CPA license or candidate
- Proven ability to learn and use new accounting guidance
- Experience balancing needs between different departments
- Proven ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Collaborative approach to working on projects
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Great work ethic and positive attitude
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and self-driven initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and expand into new areas of responsibility
- Ability to manage workload to meet established deadlines
- Sage Intacct experience
- Advanced Excel skills including macros
- Experience with new lease accounting standards, Topic 842
- Experience with tax accounting and state compliance
- Experience with internal controls and process improvement
- Experience with start-up / tech / energy industries
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Concentrated Solar Power, Distributed Solar Photovoltaics, Offshore Wind Turbines, Onshore Wind Turbines