The Warehouse Specialist plays a pivotal role on the Branch Operations Team and is responsible for all activities in the warehouse related to the receiving, stocking, and delivery of materials to the local Branch Installation Teams. Responsible for maintaining organization and inventory accuracy, the Warehouse Specialist works with little to no supervision while managing all warehouse operations according to standards and best practice.
- Maintain an organized and standard setup of all warehouse inventory and equipment according to Warehouse Operations standards and best practice
- Responsible for the safety and security of warehouse inventory and equipment
- Operates within and promotes a safety culture in all warehouse functions
- Participate and contributes in Warehouse Operations team meetings and training events
- Perform transactions in Oracle ERP for all material movement through the warehouse, including: receiving, stocking, and issuing.
- Drive inventory accuracy and integrity through cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Maintain auditable records and operate based on defined standards in the shipping and receiving of all warehouse materials.
- Responsible for managing all material movement through the warehouse, the Warehouse Specialist operates the forklift to unload shipments, process receipts, and stock the shelves.
- Operate as Material Specialist and collaborates with Branch Management to define and manage the Branch Stock Plan
- Coordinate with the Branch Leadership Team to develop the material delivery plan based on the project installation schedule.
- On a daily basis pick, package, and deliver all materials to the Installation Team.
- Responsible for delivery of material through restocking trucks, fulfilling Installer orders, and staging project materials in advance of construction start.
- Work closely with the Service Team to manage all materials, documentation, and RMA processing for service and warranty projects.
- In smaller branches the Warehouse Specialist may work in a dual role until volume can support specialization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3 years of Warehouse experience
- Previous experience operating a forklift preferred
- Initiative: Ability to think and take constructive action at work without being urged; skill and ability in taking the lead in forwarding new ideas or work methods
- Safety Orientation: Demonstrates awareness of company safety policies and procedures; includes ability to identify and report safety hazards, and the ability to encourage others to work safely
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands
- Teamwork: Ability to work well with others in a group, cooperate with others, offer to help when needed, and foster a team climate within the group where members are committed to a common goal
- Problem Solving: Using a systematic and effective approach in analyzing information in order to come up with good business solutions to problems
- Knowing the Business: Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations, products, etc.
- Foundational Skills: Ability to understand written material and ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using fractions or decimals.
- Special Requirements: Must have responsible work habits and pass any pre-employment drug screening and background check. Forklift certified.
- Ability to work safely in a warehouse environment
- Ability to work alone and self supervise
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks (up to 60lb frequently unassisted)
- Able to hear alarms and commands from a distance
- Able to use ladders and step stools to access materials
- Able to push and pull hand carts and hand trucks
- Able to read labels and identify symbols
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.