Regional Sales Director
Launch, manage, grow and optimize Outside Sales Channels.
- Make SUNRUN the Solar Company of Choice for residential customers in target channels and markets.
Build, manage and scale channels and markets to the targeted annual run rate.
- Optimize people, process and systems to achieve maximum velocity, adaptability, precision and profitability.
- Optimize lead mix and conversion ratios to achieve Customer Acquisition Cost targets.
Establish Employer of Choice standards; thereby, making SUNRUN the most sought-after professional solar sales opportunity in the nation.
Build a “Great Place to Work” through a combination of entrepreneurial spirit and strong leadership
- Willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and get things done
- Fortune 500 toolkit and management skills
- Discipline of execution
Reports to and partners with the Vice President of Field Sales to develop a strategy and corresponding Business Operating Plan to achieve channel and market objectives:
- Establish thorough analysis and review of each channel and market opportunity.
- Construct and launch a 12 month Business Operating Plan that achieves the definition of success.
- Formally analyze, adapt and refine the Business Operating Plan to achieve maximum performance.
Provides internal reporting, analysis and recommendations based on channel and market performance:
- Provide real-time reporting related to channels and markets Key Performance Indicators.
- Produce a monthly executive-level Business Operating Plan update.
Researches and reports on relevant industry, market and macro-economic trends.
- Recommends playbook changes to both marketing and sales strategies.
- Builds a balanced R/O and corresponding scenario plans to mitigate risk and maximize upside.
Identifies and develops strategic relationships with suppliers, financial institutions, functional and industry partners.
Partners with Recruiting to:
- Identify the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s) within the Senior Sales Manager, Sales Manager and Sales Rep success profiles.
- Map competencies against talent acquisition filters.
- Execute a recruiting campaign that attracts the most qualified candidates.
- Achieve a minimum qualified talent funnel and graduation rate for each Solar Academy.
- Continually staff and top-grade the team.
Partners with Training to:
- Create, refine and continually update education materials and content that optimizes adult learning principles.
- Produce the SUNRUN Way Sales Playbook and Toolkit.
- Deliver new hire and on-the-job training within a blended learning environment.
- Adapt and refine Solar Academy.
- Create systems and practices that continually monitor, evaluate and certify key competencies.
- Deliver automated multi-level leading indicator reporting.
Leads a team of Sales Managers:
- Partners with Retail, Field Marketing and Canvass Leadership to generate Qualified Appointments and achieve Waterfall targets.
- Partners with Marketing to develop, manage and optimize Lead-Appointment-Order Waterfall models.
- Partners with the Call Center to maximize lead assignment and distribution.
- Maximizes deployment strategies within assigned channels and territories.
- Drives impeccable execution of the SUNRUN Way Sales Process through continual oversight and field visits.
- Audits QA/QC Reports and manages Sales Manager performance prescriptively.
- Manages the Pipeline Report to maximize ROI and CAC.
- Optimizes the following KPI’s as prescribed in the Business Operating Plan:
- Close Rate
- Pipeline Conversion
- Referral and Self-Gen Contribution
- Change Orders
- Cancel Rate
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Net Promoter Score
- Others TBD
- Ensures that all behaviors protect and properly represent the SUNRUN brand.
- Identifies, mitigates and/or eliminates risks.
- Promotes best practices and eliminates obstacles.
- Partners with the Operations Leaders to translate orders into profitable revenue-generating projects.
- Generates, analyzes and manages Sales Manager and Sales Rep Scorecards.
- Properly documents all protocol within the playbook.
- Partners with IT to automate processes and secure proprietary information.
- Audits people, process and systems to ensure a high level of quality throughout the market.
- Partners with Marketing on the development of all collateral.
- Partners with Marketing on the due diligence and execution of market-based brand awareness and demand generation programs.
- Refines and updates the Sales Manager and Sales Rep toolkit/tool belt.
- Provides the necessary reporting to Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Partners with Human Resources as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Sets, expects, inspects and manages to the highest standards of customer satisfaction – both internally and externally.
- Takes personal ownership to resolve customer service issues with the highest degree of integrity, discretion and urgency.
- Solves for systemic issues by partnering with the appropriate cross-functional teams within the company.
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10 years of experience in Sales Management
- 5 years in a Director and/or above level
- 5 years of experience within the Residential Solar Industry
- Preference given to candidates with:
- Complete P&L responsibility of a function or unit
- Green Tech and/or Solar experience
- New Market Launch and/or Development experience
- Commercial sales experience
- Proven success and track record of:
- Building and scaling high performing teams
- Creating amazing customer and employee experiences
- Ongoing process improvement
- Business Development
- History of growing accounts, developing new accounts and a strong network
- Financially Savvy
- Able to manage a P&L and provide accurate forecasting.
- Adept at Technology
- Especially with a CRM Platform (SALESFORCE), Territory Management Programs and Mobile Applications.
- High Standards
- Enthusiastic, Self-Driving, Self-Directing
- Persistent, Adaptable
- Team Player
- Outstanding Communicator
- Senior Regional Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Sales Associate
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Willingness to travel [at least 50%]
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.