Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Director Logistics Engineering. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to architect from scratch the transportation, distribution, packaging, warehousing, and material handling strategies for a global automaker. The successful candidate will have hands on expertise developing transportation and warehouse management systems and protocols on a global scale in an automotive manufacturing environment.
This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Total Landed Cost Analysis:
- Develop a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) that delivers the best cost/service solution for every part. This will require analysis of the supplier packaging design, transportation network design, warehouse design, and the lineside delivery material flow design.
Ad Hoc Analysis:
- Understand strategies, analyze options, develop solutions and present information for various ad hoc requests that impact all areas of logistics.
- Ensure all distribution system functionality is configured to optimize performance (e.g., warehouse management, labor management, slotting and reporting applications)
- Develop warehouse layout and internal material supply to POU using Lean manufacturing concept principles
- Monitor and control material handling specifications, flow, methodologies & systems to support Production according to business systems requirement and to avoid obstruction to the parts supply flow
- Optimize the material flows in the plant
- Analyze and determine best transportation solutions globally, including systems and processes
- Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the needs of the transportation organization and translate those needs into clear specifications
- Create and manage domestic and international shipment planning templates in the TMS
- Establish work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization
- Analyze contractual commitments, internal specifications, and design changes to drive continuous improvement
- Perform special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
- Perform cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develop ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system or technology change
- Forecast facility, vehicle, staffing and/or material handling equipment needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, and efficiencies
- Conduct studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules
- Recommend methods for maximizing the utilization of production facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating resources in adherence with government, health, and safety regulations
- Identify all necessary capital expense items to support successful launch of operation
- Participation in planning sessions with internal departments to validate requirements and processes
- Determine and gain agreement of final design of facility, operating process, equipment type and quantity
- Partner with key functional groups that are part of implementation (HR, IT, Manufacturing, etc.) to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Document and communicate common processes for all distribution functions within scope of responsibility
- Review data and summarize expectations to address gaps in operation
- Identify areas for improvement based on analysis of data and observations
- Communicate opportunities for improvement in the distribution network
- Help determine key metrics and provide recommendations to guide management
- Assist with developing/presenting training materials and classes for distribution processes
- Bring cross-functional teams together to collaborate on projects
- Support the labor management program, including methods and procedures, engineered labor standards, incentive programs and program policies
- Ensure alignment among all operations’ policies, procedures and ongoing improvement projects
- Facilitate LEAN methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues
- Understand and apply essential LEAN elements like workflow smoothing, JIT, and Jidoka
- Utilize statistical tools such as Pareto Charts, Histograms, Cause & Effect Diagrams. Create a Value Stream Map or Flow Diagram of process to identify critical to quality points. Develop Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) of the process being evaluated to quantify impact.
- Maintain expertise in proven industry methods and tools such as DMAIC, value-stream mapping, and 5S
- Educate team members in LEAN to support and develop a sustainable continual improvement culture
- Work with leadership to drive continual improvement programs, Kaizen events, and workshops
- Apply traditional manufacturing based concepts to a variety of material handling environments
- Ensure that all projects include a sustainability component and drive adherence at multiple levels within the organization utilizing integrated process audits, floor-level dashboards, and management scorecards
- Lead all LEAN efforts in an organized manner with steering team deployment and roadmap/critical path development
- Assist with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects
- Determine feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, company goals, technical requirements and economic factors
- Develop and implement project activities plans and timelines, coordinate subcontractors, facility management and field service personnel, and resolve problems in area of logistics to ensure meeting of contractual commitments
- Product Sortation
- ASRS (automated storage and retrieval system)
- Robotic Palletization and De-Palletization
- Inbound / Outbound Load Planning Related to Optimization of Automation
- 2+ years in EACH of these four areas: supplier packaging, inbound transportation, warehouse design, and material flow engineering.
- 5+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- 5+ years direct leadership experience
- 2+ years full scope global project management experience
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
- Demonstrate Strong written and oral Communications.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Advanced level experience with WMS and TMS software applications (JDA, HighJump, GT Nexus, MercuryGate)
- Expert level experience with Supply Chain simulation/modeling applications (LLamasoft, JDA, Infor)
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, (Master’s Degree highly desired), in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics Engineering, or related field (Industrial Engineering, Operations Research)
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.