Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Performance Supervisor. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day chaos that comes from managing the logistical needs of a large-scale operation while also developing and implementing all logistics performance processes required to manage and optimize the various logistics operations.
The successful candidate will have spent considerable time leading logistics initiatives and improving performance in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Transportation, Trade Compliance, Manufacturing, Packaging, Material Flow, Warehousing and Facilities as well as our Suppliers.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
Additional Requirements:Warehouse and Assembly Operations
- Lead Logistics initiatives to support the launch new projects and optimize operations. This covers the global scope of logistics including transportation, distribution and consolidation centers; warehousing, assembly operations, packaging, material flow and new facility launches.
- Lead, coordinate and prepare business cases to drive strategic decision making.
- Undertake detailed and thorough logistics analysis across all the project teams to identify opportunities to aid efficiency and cost optimization through evaluation of data and provide ongoing operational analyses.
- Set up and provide regular dashboards / reports on logistics performance measures and all KPIs to support communications to senior leadership for specific areas of the logistics process, ensuring logistics costs and processes are monitored, managed and under control.
- Create statistical and financial models and use appropriate software to review opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies in the logistics process and produce forecasts and estimates to aid financially sound decisions and cash flow planning.
- Track logistics trends and use information to recommend changes and utilize knowledge and research methods to benchmark logistics activities and to drive best practice results.
- Work with Logistics and other appropriate staff to resolve issues as and when required and provide additional analytical support as required.
- Analyze contractual commitments, internal specifications, and design changes to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify all necessary capital and operational expense items to support successful launch of operations.
- Participation in planning sessions with internal departments to validate requirements and processes and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Work towards and support a culture of continuous improvement and work to make business and department improvements wherever possible.
- Provide leadership and manage a small team.
- Ensure all distribution system functionality is configured to optimize performance. (e.g., warehouse management, labor management, slotting and reporting applications).
- Develop warehouse layout and internal material supply to POU using Lean manufacturing concept principles.
- Monitor and control material handling specifications, flow, methodologies & systems to support Production according to business systems requirement and to avoid obstruction to the parts supply flow.
- Optimize the material flows in the plant and establish work measurement programs to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Forecast facility, staffing and material handling equipment needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, and efficiencies.
- Conduct studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow by analyzing production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules.
- Recommend methods for maximizing the utilization of production facilities and personnel by restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating resources in adherence with government, health, and safety regulations.
- Determine and gain agreement of final design of facility, operating process, equipment type and quantity.
- Analyze and determine best transportation solutions globally, including systems and processes.
- Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the needs of the transportation organization and translate those needs into clear specifications.
- Create and manage domestic and international shipment planning templates in the TMS.
- Develop and implement standard tools, processes and metrics to provide total visibility to freight costs
- Utilize data and metrics to identify opportunities to optimize cost and service throughout our supply chain.
- Drive continuous improvement in cost, service and quality in our supply chain by addressing issues highlighted in KPI’s
- Build and maintain supply chain network models, that include supplier network, distribution centers, repack centers and manufacturing locations.
- Partner with operations finance team to improve process to report actual freight costs and cost drivers vs budget on a quarterly, monthly, and weekly basis.
- Monitor and manage performance against budgets; develop and implement corrective actions when performance is not in line with budget.
- 7+ years of experience in any of the following areas: transportation, warehouse operations, material flow, material planning, packaging or materials handling.
- 5+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A strong curiosity and a resolute mindset toward continuous process improvement with the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Evidence of the ability to lead and mentor teams.
- Occasional travel to support the business may be required.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Logistics Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.