Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager for our Construction & Safety Engineering function. This position requires an experienced professional competent in EHS engineering and with a proven record of performance as a key business leader directing the EHS function. It is critical in this role to have a passion for making a positive difference in the safe and responsible development of our collective manufacturing processes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced and rapid-growth environment.
- Provide leadership at our greenfield manufacturing site in Casa Grande, AZ and other ancillary manufacturing and logistics operations' facilities. Reporting to the Sr. EHS Manager for AZ Manufacturing, this role provides leadership and strategic direction by building partnership with operations and engineering business partners to train and mentor the production teams and build upon the overall company EHS culture.
- In this role, the EHS Manager for Construction & Safety Engineering will lead the development of EHS management systems to effectively address construction and design related risk profiles. The role balances construction safety (30% focus), safety engineering design for future phased builds (30% focus), equipment safety (20%), and overall EHS Operation Team support and planning (20% focus).
- As the EHS Manager for Construction and Safety Engineering, you will lead a team and serve as the authority for construction, equipment and future factory design EHS related activities. You and your team will work to ensure the highest standards for protecting employees and the communities in which our employees operate. You will be responsible to understand the manufacturing processes so that you can assess risk and provide recommendations to eliminate manufacturing hazards and construction hazards. In this role, you are an embedded partner who influences the adoption of inherently safer and sustainable practices with respect to manufacturing process design, process safety conformance of capital equipment and proposed manufacturing practices
- Minimum BS/BA degree, Master’s degree preferred in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, Business, or related EHS field.
- Minimum 6+ years relevant experience.
- Fundamental understanding of electronics technology, supply chain, manufacturing processes and construction trade practices.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Preferred: Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or demonstrated progress to achieve CSP, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Ability to establish operational objectives, work plans and critical metrics
- Ability to allocate resources to meet schedules, goals and get results.
- Act as the Lucid company designee to lead in OSHA investigations and subsequent follow up actions.
- Manage direct reports and provide mentorship, direction, and coaching to manufacturing departments.
- Coordinates activities of the program and team with responsibility for budgets, schedules, work plans, staffing, and performance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with manufacturing managers in cross-functional work and able to lead a collaborative effort among members of a project team.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning the Environmental, Health, and Safety program and external program partners.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Automobile or industrial plant experience working in EH&S a plus.
- Many year's experience in manufacturing and manufacturing leadership roles.
- Spanish language abilities is a bonus.
- OSHA 500 - Safety and Health Standards for Construction Industry.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.