We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Our Infrastructure team is building a highly resilient, high-performant, and standards based On-Premise Data Center Infrastructure. This hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We operate equipment from top tier infrastructure vendors and support highly available DC Operations We are looking for a Data Center Lead Engineer to join our team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Submitting and tracking remote work requests and managing server, network and component inventory
- Debugging hardware related issues with on-premise Infrastructure systems
What you must have:
- 7+ years of Data Center center experience where you worked with physical servers and network equipment
- 3+ years of experience with holding a technical leadership role within DC Operations and Engineering
- Designing, setting up, and managing information/network systems at data centers
- Development of DC Operational standards for installation, troubleshooting and processing of systems
- Monitoring, maintenance and problem identification for power/cooling systems that are detrimental to performance and efficiency
- Ownership of RMA processes between on-premise equipment, infrastructure teams and manufacturers
- Diagnosing and repairing hardware and performing upgrades, integrations, rebuilds and other projects as needed
- Physical cabling experience (Construction, Termination & Validation)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a collaborative nature and a friendly can-do attitude
- A strong desire and aptitude for solving problems and performing deep technical dives to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- A valid driver’s license (must be comfortable with driving from site to site)
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.