is on a mission to solve climate change by restoring forests, nature’s carbon sinks. Pachama harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. This technology
enables remote verification and monitoring of forests to provide a new standard of assurance in carbon markets. Through the Pachama platform, we connect responsible companies and individuals with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
Pachama is building scalable tools to enable more forest projects around the world to participate in carbon markets, promoting more restoration and protection of forests and a healthier planetary future.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.The RolePachama is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to lead our forest carbon efforts. This role will be responsible for helping Pachama deploy our remote-sensing and software tools into carbon projects. This role will help spearhead Pachama’s relationships with project developers, landowners, and NGOs. They will help deploy our technology in the field, support certification processes, and work on the ground with our implementation partners planting trees.While some background in forestry or carbon markets is useful, a desire to help use technology to scale forest conservation and restoration and an entrepreneurial spirit are even more critical.LocationJob is remote, but we prefer candidates to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone. Must be willing to travel internationally long term.
- Drive Pachama’s strategy and operations in forest carbon projects
- Grow the number of quality forest projects on Pachama platforms
- Create and implement a process to prospect, onboard, and jumpstart brand new projects
- Own and ensure success of our key project partnerships
- Be the liaison for on the ground implementation partners
- Oversee data collection on the ground where needed
Some things we consider important in this role:
- A drive to get things done and be entrepreneurial
- Experience in forest projects - either in forestry or carbon markets
- A willingness to think outside of the box
- Great communication and ability to build relationships
- Self-organized and able to grow efforts across multiple projects
- Passion for our mission to restore nature and solve climate change
- Nice to have: Conversant in Spanish or Portuguese